Since you’re reading this post, we’re sure you understand the importance of air ducts for homes. These conduits are specifically designed to provide homeowners with comfort. Air ducts work by helping to circulate air from both the cooling system and heating system to all rooms. For you to keep this unit in good working condition, regular air duct cleaning is a must.
- What exactly is air duct cleaning?
- When is the right time to hire a reliable air duct & dryer vent cleaning company?
You’ll find all you should know about these air duct-related questions as you continue reading this post.
What Exactly Is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the process of keeping your home’s air ducts (these conduits effectively circulate cool and warm air) clean. That’s not all; the cleaning process also extends to other home components, such as the cleaning of heat exchangers, coils, and other parts of your home’s HVAC system.
Today, there are tons of reasons why it makes sense to clean your home’s air ducts:
- First, this cleaning process is important to achieve a cleaner living environment.
- Air duct cleaning also helps to prevent various allergic reactions. This is possible because the cleaning process is effective in containing microorganisms and harmful contaminants.
- Pollutants and dust are two of the few factors that cause respiratory problems at home. By cleaning your air ducts, you can always keep these things away from your cooling and heating systems. The bottom line is that duct cleaning helps people breathe properly at home.
- Duct cleaning also helps to eliminate stale and musty smells in the air ducts. These unpleasant odors are a result of many factors, such as the accumulation of dust over the years, mold formation, paint fumes, and many more.
Is It Time To Hire A Professional Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning Company?
As you already know, air duct & dryer vent cleaning is important for every homeowner today. This process should be done at regular intervals, especially when you start experiencing the following signs:
1. Too Much Dust In Your Home
Are you currently experiencing increased dust in your home spaces? For instance, let’s say you recently cleaned your home and thereafter, you started noticing dust returning to your spaces. In this case, the problem may be coming from the ductwork.
In this case, we’ll advise you to hire a reliable air duct & dryer cleaning service provider, such as Duct Doctor. Experts from this company will help you inspect your home, identify where the dust is coming from, and properly clean the affected area.
2. Is Your Home’s Airflow Unstable?
If your home’s airflow is currently unstable or slow, this could also be a tell-tale sign you need to hire a reliable company for air duct cleaning. Vents are specifically designed to deliver consistent airflow to your indoor spaces. As such, the airflow should deliver the same quality at all times. But if this isn’t the case in your home, you should hire Duct Doctor or the best cleaning company to inspect and address the issue as soon as possible.
3. Too Much Energy Bills Than Expected
One effect of an unclean, dusty, or clogged air duct is that it makes the HVAC system work a lot harder. Unfortunately, more electricity is consumed anytime this system works harder than normal. That said, if you currently experience a sudden increase in your energy bill, this could be a warning sign you need to hire a technician for air duct cleaning.